Because Riverwind is your home, your friends and family are free to visit anytime and residents are welcome to utilize any of facilities for their visits with friends and family.
A large expansive deck, a large family-style kitchen, and a comfortable living room encourage long leisurely visits by your friends and family throughout the year.
Riverwind Senior Assisted Living Facility has been designed to provide high quality of life for our residents.
• Private bedrooms with half bathrooms
• Professionally decorated, fully furnished bedrooms
• State of the art wireless computer monitoring nurse call and resident system
• Wireless computer wandering prevention system for memory impaired
• Electronic Medication Administration – EMAR
• Electronic Health Record – EHR, a long-term clinical charting system
• 24 hour on call physician and registered nurse
• Professional medications cart set up for medications with pharmacy deliveries daily and/or weekly as needed
• On-site physical, speech and occupational therapies *
• On-site laboratory, x-ray, diagnostic, dental and podiatry services available *
• Large community great room, dining room, and open airy kitchen
• Fresh prepared home cooked meals
• Large screen television with surround sound in the great room
• Beauty/barber shop
• Central air conditioning
• Radiant floor heating with individual thermostatic controls in each bedroom
• Handicap accessible bathing areas
• Handicap accessible entrance and lavatory for visitors
• Safety handrails in bathroom and bathing areas
• Handrails in hallways
• Personal wall safes in every room
• Close proximity to downtown Williamston and Williamston Senior Center
• Expansive outdoor deck looking onto nature and the Red Cedar River
• Professionally landscaped grounds
• Quiet residential setting
* These services are commonly covered by medical and secondary health insurance plans
At Riverwind, we believe that sociable mealtimes and nutritious foods are important means of maintaining health and vibrancy in the aging years. Meals and snacks are prepared fresh daily in our large, completely open kitchen. Residents can observe food preparation and often enjoy interacting with the staff while meals are being prepared.
Our full-time experienced cooks prepare delicious, nutritious meals and snacks which are available for residents at any time. We are also happy to accommodate residents’ families and friends at mealtime (for a nominal fee).
We have a monthly activity schedule at Riverwind based on the needs and desires of our residents and entertainment, such as musicians, on a weekly basis. Our size allows us to tailor our activities to the preferences of our residents – they are individuals and thus, have individual likes and needs. It’s another way we are different and we enjoy getting to know our residents and providing the activities that work for them.